Sunday, December 16, 2012

And Getting Well

Whenever I get sick, I go into burrito-coma mode. For the past few days I've been wrapped up in a blanket, sweating my expletives off, hibernating, trying to get well. It's what I do. See, the way I figure it is my body's overheating (fever) is my blood pumping through my body, supplying it with WBCs to fight infection. So, I get uncomfortably hot so my blood just pumps like crazy through me, and my body heals itself. Also, with little to no physical movement I don't burn many calories, so I don't have to eat much, and I sweat all the water I drink out, meaning I get to just lie there for days, getting up to use the bathroom maybe once or twice.

I don't know if it's a great way of going about it, but I feel better after only a couple of days so...

Oh, also, shout out to Mucinex DM. Your shit rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment